Gentoo Linux Installer Roadmap
This is a roadmap to the 1.0 release of the Gentoo Linux Installer
which will occasionally be updated to reflect the current issues and
future milestones for the project. For a more detailed roadmap, see
the TODO list.
Alpha Release (Complete)
- Alpha version complete with a functional x86 installer with two
front ends (dialog and GTK)
- Await the release of the 2005.1 experimental livecd with X.
- Add /etc/portage/* support.
- Allow users to create a custom kernel config during an install.
- Add distcc support.
- Integrate localization capabilities.
- Complete support for non-x86 architectures.
- Support for SELinux.
- Partitioning rewrite to use size in MB instead of start and end sectors.
The contents of this document, unless otherwise expressly stated, are licensed under the CC-BY-SA-2.5 license. The Gentoo Name and Logo Usage Guidelines apply.