Gentoo Openstack Project
Openstack is a virtualization orchestration suite that allows the creation
and management of cloud infrastructures. Openstack provides applications
(Nova, Horizon, Ceilometer, etc.) deployments and management. It also
provides secondary services such as dynamic block storage (Cinder),
dynamic databasing (Red Dwarf), etc.
Openstack manages several hypervisors including but not limited to the
following (for a full listing see upstream):
- Raise Gentoo to a first class citizen for hosting Openstack
- Maintain security releases for Openstack
- Maintain major releases in portage (including live builds)
- Provide a usable turn-key continuous deployment strategy for Openstack
- Provide communication media (i.e. IRC, mailing list, mail alias, etc.)
||Lead ( various openstack packages )
||Member ( various openstack packages )
||Member ( kvm )
||Member ( xen )
||Member ( arm )
All developers can be reached by e-mail using firstname.lastname@example.org.
project maintains the following herds:
||alunduil, cardoe, idella4, prometheanfire, steev
You can reach all our developers (and some users of course) in
We have a list on lists.gentoo.org named gentoo-openstack along with a
openstack alias on the primary gentoo hostname.