Adobe Acrobat Reader: Multiple vulnerabilities
Gentoo Linux Security Advisory
||GLSA 200803-01 / acroread
||March 02, 2008
||March 05, 2008: 05
All supported architectures
Adobe Acrobat Reader is vulnerable to remote code execution, Denial of
Service, and cross-site request forgery attacks.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a PDF reader released by Adobe.
Multiple vulnerabilities have been discovered in Adobe Acrobat Reader,
- A file disclosure when using file:// in PDF documents
- An unspecified vulnerability in the Escript.api plugin
- An untrusted search path (CVE-2007-5666)
- Incorrect handling of printers (CVE-2008-0667)
- An integer overflow when passing incorrect arguments to
Other unspecified vulnerabilities have also been reported
A remote attacker could entice a user to open a specially crafted
document, possibly resulting in the remote execution of arbitrary code
with the privileges of the user running the application. A remote
attacker could also perform cross-site request forgery attacks, or
cause a Denial of Service.
There is no known workaround at this time.
All Adobe Acrobat Reader users should upgrade to the latest version:
Code Listing 3.1: Resolution
# emerge --sync
# emerge --ask --oneshot --verbose ">=app-text/acroread-8.1.2"