Gentoo Screenshot Contest 2011
2011 Screenshot Contest
After the success of the 2010 Screenshot
Contest the Contest Team is doing it again!
The screenshots submitted are contributed by various Gentoo users and
developers. Upon request of further details on a specific screenshot, one may
try to locate the author in #gentoo channel on the Freenode IRC network or in
our Gentoo Forums.
The Judges will consist of
two active developer's and three independent Gentoo users, who soon we hope to
be part of the developer pool.
- The images must be in 'png' format
- One must prove the origin of their screenshot being from a Gentoo Linux
machine. For this, an open terminal with emerge --info |head -n 1
output and include this in your screenshot.
- Gentoo Users, Developers, and Staffers may all submit screenshots.
- No more than three screenshots per contestant.
- The top five screenshots selected by the judges will be posted on the
Main Gentoo Linux Screenshots
- The submission deadline is 31st August, 2011 (2011-08-31) and the winner
will be announced on 10th September, 2011 (2011-09-10).
How to submit your screenshot
Important: By submitting your screenshot you agree to the terms under the Creative Commons -
Attribution / Share Alike license.
To enter the contest or to check out the current screenshots, head over to our
New 2011 Gentoo Screenshot Contest
Home. You do not need to register in order to submit your
If you want to contact us you can send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org, or talk about the cool screenshots on
freenode irc, channel #gentoo-screenshots. Enjoy the contest!
The contents of this document, unless otherwise expressly stated, are licensed under the CC-BY-SA-2.5 license. The Gentoo Name and Logo Usage Guidelines apply.