Title: sys-libs/pam-1.4.0 upgrade
Author: Mikle Kolyada <email@example.com>
Starting with the 1.4.0 release , we don't offer these modules anymore:
* pam_tally and pam_tally2 have been deprecated and replaced
by the pam_faillock module
* pam_cracklib has been deprecated and replaced
by the pam_passwdqc module
These changes affected our basic PAM stack configuration.
You only need to take action if:
* you made manual changes to the PAM stack, or
* you use FEATURES="-config-protect-if-modified" option
If this applies to you, please make sure to either run the etc-update or
dispatch-conf command in order to sync your configuration.
Failure to do this may result in your system becoming inaccessible.
 - https://github.com/linux-pam/linux-pam/releases/tag/v1.4.0